Claremont High School is a new and innovative Western Cape Educational Department (WCED) school which strives to create an enabling and challenging environment focussed on producing outstanding academic performance among pupils from backgrounds which do not typically allow access to the best quality education.
The primary outcome of this exciting institution is an educational experience that gives young people the best chance through education to become engaging and responsible South African citizens.
In order to drive development and growth of the school forward on a clear and consistent path, the following vision statement has been compiled:
"At CHS we strive to create an exemplary, enabling and challenging environment that equips our students to be:
- active learners with outstanding academic performance,
- happy, engaged and well rounded individuals,
- responsible South Africans who demonstrate integrity and respect.
We encourage educators to grow and develop a vibrant, innovative and creative environment and to adopt an approach that is holistic and empowering, yet caters for the individual needs."
Grade 8 Applications
Applications for Grade 8 2016, is now Open.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADE 8:
Please attach the following documents for admission:
- English Primary Language (also the medium of instruction)
- Afrikaans or Xhosa First Additional Language
- Natural Sciences (NS)
- Human and Social Sciences (HSS)
- Economic and Management Sciences (EMS)
- Technology (including Information Technology)
- Arts and Culture (A&C)
- Life Orientation (LO)